Thursday, December 01, 2011

High Five!

I posted here about the High Five chart I made for extra sight word practice. It has been decimated well-used.

High-fived into oblivion.

{But, really, what did I expect? It was a piece of regular white paper in a sheet protector.}

Here is my more sturdy edition- it's much larger and is made with poster board covered with mactac:

All of our sight words have been mounted onto hand cut-outs. When a new sight word is introduced for the week, it is attached to the "Words To Know" chart with velcro. Our new-and-improved chart hangs by the classroom door. When students exit the room during dismissal, they read the words aloud as they high-five the words on the way out.
 
You can find the High Five! chart {here}!
sample below:

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Dual Kinder Teacher said...

Awesome idea! I can see my Kinders loving this :)
☼Libby
Dual Kinder Teacher

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.